Full Time | Orlando, FL
1. Review Small Business Administration (SBA) loan requests including a cash flow calculation, comparison to industry averages, historical trend analysis, and review of the personal financial strength of the principals, along with an eligibility determination for consideration of an SBA loan.
2. Completely underwrite the transaction and prepare detailed financial analyses of borrowers and guarantors utilizing third party sources of information, checklists, and file system tools. Use lender credit standards to determine the feasibility of the proposed transaction(s) and prepare detailed financial analyses of borrowing entities, guarantors, etc. The completed analysis includes but is not limited to: financial statement analysis; description of the industry, business history, demographics, management experience and competition; SBA or USDA compliance; and the loan request’s conformance to credit policy, and the lender’s guidance lines when applicable.
3. Communicate with borrowers, sales team, lenders, internal team members, and others as appropriate. Speak with applicant(s)/borrower(s) to determine the knowledge and acceptability of the applicant(s). Prepare and forward all letters of approval or declination in accordance with lender’s internal process.
4. Order, review, and approve third party reports as needed.
5. Work with the closing department to facilitate the closing, and submit loans to the SBA.
· An undergraduate degree in business, finance, or a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
· A minimum of 3-5 years related experience in SBA credit underwriting (preferred) or over 5 years of complex commercial credit underwriting and/or specialty lending experience
· A minimum of 1-2 years related experience in SBA lending
· Strong working knowledge of accounting
· Strong working knowledge of credit underwriting
· Strong working knowledge of government guaranty loan program (SBA, 7a, 504, SLA), including changes to the programs implemented by the governing agency
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, OutlookApply Now!